Monday, June 30, 2014

Roma, Italia

I am at my happiest that finally I have visited Roma and of course the Vatican.

The flight from Jeddah was only over four hours with only (-)1 hour difference from KSA time. Not bad. I had only a day here so I took the hop on-hop off bus for a more convenient tour. I didn't alight at most of the stops, just the most important one: Vatican. Seeing the Vatican is way beyond amazing. Twas heart-pounding, heart-blasting, and the last time I experienced this was seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time.

And now here are my photos:

Our official residence: Boscolo Exedra Luxury Hotel. Paris Hilton and Leo diCaprio once stayed here. Dang, why wasn't during my stay?!


my room = lalalove

my hairdo. half-braided. half twisted

The Vatican

Rome is like a huge museum.

The Coloseo. I wanted to come here after dinner but I was already too tired.


Venetia

a sculpture on a door. freaky but cool.



souvenirs galore


The Vatican. I just had goosebumps. Such a heart-pounding experience!



My delicioso dinner. I know I should dine in an Italian resto but I opted for, well more of craved for, Chinese dishes. I'm always eating pasta and pizza in my domestic layovers so now I'm heading on to Chinese restos. :D

 But of course a cup of gelato is a must!

The hotel at night.

I'm fascinated with huge, intricate doors. :)

My loot. :) That lighter is for my BFF.

Sad to say the famous Fontana de Trevi was under construction. 

Here's a funny story:
Suddenly woke up after a deep sleep and I don't know where I am! Asked myself repeatedly, "Where am I?! What time is it?! Did I miss the wake up call?! Why didn't I wake up through my own alarm?! Where am I?!!" I got so scared - like really, really scared - and I almost had a mini heart attack. It took me a couple of minutes before realizing my location. Lol. Old FA stories are true. Come a day you couldn't anymore remember where you are neither where you had been. Looool. 

That's it for now. I'm still in my bed rest mode. I am sooo over super duper extremely exhausted. My whole body is shaking due to exhaustion and stress. I ignore my body calling for a time out so now I'm paying the price. 


No comments:

Post a Comment